How much marijuana should a patient take?
Dosage depends on the needs of the individual patient and can vary greatly. Patients experiencing severe chronic pain may consume several moderate to strong doses per day, while patients seeking help with appetite or sleep may sometimes only require a smaller single dose at the onset of symptoms. We provide our patients with suggestions on how to carefully adjust dosage to achieve the desired effect. Marijuana is fast-acting when inhaled, making it easy for patients to make dosing adjustments until symptoms are relieved.
What does science say about medical marijuana?
Medical marijuana has been studied extensively by the scientific community and a great deal is known about the therapeutic benefits of the cannabis plant. Columbia Care is committed to providing our patients with up to date research and development. Americans for Safe Access has some great resources available online for patients and doctors who want to learn more about the science of medical marijuana, including a selection of booklets on the use of medical marijuana to treat specific conditions. We also recommend this article by Dr. Sanjay Gupta at CNN who writes about how he became a strong supporter of medical marijuana after researching the issue in depth.
Where does the marijuana come from?
All marijuana for medical use sold at Columbia Care dispensaries is produced in their respective state at a licensed cultivation center. All licensed cultivation centers are carefully regulated by the State and must follow strict guidelines to ensure product safety. Dispensaries do not acquire marijuana products from any source other than the licensed and regulated facilities.
Do you have any employment opportunities available?
We are hiring as needed within each of our states. Please click on the appropriate link below for more informaiton by location.
- Arizona: Please contact the General Manager at your local dispensary. http://swcarizona.com/contact-us
- Washington D.C.: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Employment Inquiry” and we will be in touch.
- Massachusetts: Please apply online at http://www.patriotcare.org/jobs/
- New York: Please apply at http://col-careny.com/jobs/
I’ve never been to a medical marijuana dispensary. How does it work?
A medical marijuana dispensary is a simple, secure facility designed to provide access for patients to receive their medicine in a safe, welcoming environment. Qualified patients or their caregivers must present their state-issued ID cards at the door. No one else is permitted to enter the establishment other than registered employees attending to the facility. Once inside, patients are greeted by a friendly staff who are trained to answer questions about the medicine and helps the patient make decisions based on the patient’s individual health needs. The patient or caregiver then makes their selection, purchases the medicine, and exits. Security staff monitor events inside and outside the facility.
Why should I choose a Columbia Care affiliate as my dispensary?
- Quality: We’re proud to be a dispensary in Massachusetts that’s also licensed to grow marijuana for medical use, which will enable us to offer the best variety of products and carefully control the quality of our medicine.
- Pricing: We believe patients deserve affordable medicine and we’re committed to offering the best prices available in the State. In addition to our low retail prices, we will offer discounts for seniors, veterans, and low-income patients.
- Comfort: Our facilities were carefully designed to create a comfortable experience for our visitors. Our dispensaries will feature wide halls, cozy seating, beautiful plants and art, spacious restrooms, and wheelchair accessibility.
- Customer Service: Our staff is friendly, attentive, and highly knowledgeable. We will work hard to maintain a welcoming and safe environment for all our visitors and we’ll do everything we can to make your patient experience a pleasant one.
What is a caregiver?
A caregiver is a person who provides basic assistance to a marijuana for medical use patient. This often involves helping the patient obtain and administer their medicine, but can involve any number of other activities in which the patient may require some additional support due to their medical condition.
How do I select a caregiver?
Choosing your caregiver is an important decision. You’ll want to select someone who is trustworthy, reliable, and familiar with your health needs. If you’ve chosen someone to serve as your caregiver, you may appoint them on your application form when you register with your Department of Public Health. The person(s) you choose will have to complete a caregiver application and receive their caregiver identification card.
How does my caregiver register?
What are the different types of marijuana?
We offer a variety of strains, which have been carefully selected to assist patients with a range of symptoms. Some products can increase energy, while others promote relaxation. Our staff provides guidance based on the patient’s needs and most patients discover certain strains that provide the best relief for their individual symptoms. Patients can also find strain reviews on our menus on Leafly.